Three types of people may be granted Stamp 0.
- Elderly dependent relatives
For elderly dependent relatives, the financial requirements to allow a person to sponsor an elderly dependent relative are set out in Chapter 18 of the Family Reunification Policy Document (PDF 500KB).
- Persons of independent means
For people of independent means, you should have an individual income of €50,000 per year. You must also have access to a lump sum of money to cover any sudden major expenses. This lump sum should be equal to, for example, the price of a dwelling in the State. Financial documentation should be presented in spreadsheet form and converted into Euros. It should clearly show all income and spending each month. This must be certified by an Irish accountancy firm who has the expert knowledge to understand the format of overseas banking / accountancy documentation
- Visiting academics/Researcher
As a visiting academic/researcher you must be paid from outside the State and are here to work for no longer than 12 months.
How to apply for Stamp 0
An applicant who believes they qualify under the Stamp 0 criteria and who wishes to reside in the State should make their application in writing to Unit 2 Residence Division, INIS, 13/ 14 Burgh Quay ,Dublin 2, D02 XK70. An application must include the following
- Full copy of your passport
- Birth & marriage certificate
- Reason for residence
- Any Irish Associations
- Evidence of your finances verified by an Irish based accountant listing yearly income- see below Finance verification criteria
- Evidence of private medical insurance with full cover in private hospitals
- Police clearance certificate
- Health declaration
There are also additional requirements for Visiting academics/researchers
- Letter from home/Irish college confirming that the stay is less than 12 months and paid for by the home country college whilst in Ireland.
Finance verification criteria
This must be certified by an Irish accountancy firm who have the expert knowledge to interpret the format of the overseas banking / accountancy documentation. Each application is dealt with on a case by case basis.